ANSWERS on JAPAN Driving License Exam Practice Test (Reviewer) – Part 1
- FALSE. If there is a traffic enforcer, you should follow their hand signals even if it contradicts the traffic light.
- FALSE. Even if you are confident with your driving skills, you still have to obey the rules.
- FALSE. If you will pass a stopped school bus, you must slow down and check for safety.
- TRUE. Driving while holding a mobile phone is dangerous. It is also prohibited by the law.
- FALSE. When crossing a roadside or a sidewalk, you must stop even if there are no pedestrians. If there are pedestrians, you must not impede their passage.
- TRUE. It is prohibited to overtake near the top of an uphill slope and steep downhill slope. But it is not prohibited to overtake on a steep uphill slope.
- TRUE. The pavement marking indicates the end of “no u-turn.”
- TRUE. The road sign indicates “one way” and vehicles can only proceed in the direction pointed by the arrow.
- FALSE. The statement “vehicle coming from the right side is wrong.” It must be, “vehicle coming from the left side.”
- TRUE. According to the image, you must proceed to the leftmost lane if making a left turn in the intersection.
- FALSE. The right lane is for overtaking, etc. Regardless of speed, vehicles must use the left lane.
- FALSE. You can cross the center line into the part of the road on the right in case of a one-way road and depending on the road condition.
- FALSE. If the pedal feels soft when stepping, there is a risk that the effect of the brake will be bad due to leakage of the brake fluid, etc.
- FALSE. You must bring those documents and other important documents with you when driving.
- FALSE. You don’t need to stop and wait. Check for safety and proceed slowly.
Learn more about Japan’s Traffic Rules on JAF’s website.