Today, I took a Gentsuki or Moped license test. But unfortunately, I failed. The passing score is 45 points but I only got 43. I only needed 2 points so I was very sad not passing the test. There was a lack of preparation, I admit. But nevertheless, I will share my experiences today. At the end of this blog, I will share the links to sample tests I made today so everyone could also review them. I hope I’ll pass the test next time. And if you’re also going to take the test too, I hope you also pass.
Table of contents
- How to get to Chiba Driver’s Licence Center?
- What are the requirements for the Gentsuki or Moped License Test?
- What do you need to bring for the Gentsuki or Moped License Test?
- When can I take gentsuki or moped license test at Chiba Driver’s License Center open?
- Sample test for Gentsuki or Moped License Test
The license center I went to is the Chiba Driver’s Licence Center located at 〒261-0025 Chiba, Mihama Ward, Hamada, 2 Chome−. This is where you should get your license if you are living in Chiba-ken.
How to get to Chiba Driver’s Licence Center?
When you are coming from Keiyou Line Kaihimmakuhari Station, you need to exit the station on the south. There, you will see a lot of bus stops. But the bus going to the Chiba Driver’s Licence Center is just in front of the exit. Just remember this 京成バス [幕０１]幕張本郷駅行. It is the bus that will lead you to the place. The bus arrives every 10 minutes, starting at 6:20 in the morning until 11:20 in the evening on weekdays. Same on weekends but only until 10:20 in the evening. It costs ¥170 when paying with cash (please bring exact coins) and ¥168 when using an IC card. Also, before entering the bus, the driver asked me where I am headed because he had to adjust the fare.
When you arrive at the bus stop, you have to cross the road and go to the building designated for two-wheeled vehicles.
What are the requirements for the Gentsuki or Moped License Test?
- You must be 16 years of age or older
- You must not have a higher-level driver’s license like the ordinary car license. (Most of higher-level license can drive gentsuki or moped. Please check the vehicles that you can drive with your current license.)
What do you need to bring for the Gentsuki or Moped License Test?
- Photo (3cm x 2.4cm) (no background or single color)(taken within 6 months before application)
There is a photo booth inside the Chiba Driver’s license center but it is still good to do it advance.
- Juuminhyo or Resident Certificate (I gave them mt Juuminhyo with the My Number not showed on the paper. My honseki is showed.)
- Identification (Health Insurance Card, Passport, My Number Card, etc.)
- ¥10,000 (for the fees that you’ll have to pay)
- (For foreign residents) Resident Card showing the nationality, status of residence, and period of stay.
- (For foreign residents) Special permanent resident certificate.
- Appropriate clothes for driving gentsuki or mopedn (long sleeves, shoes, long pants, etc.)
When can I take gentsuki or moped license test at Chiba Driver’s License Center open?
It is open every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Reception hours are from 8:30 am to 9:30 am. Be there early because there are forms that you have to fill up.
Sample test for Gentsuki or Moped License Test
UPDATE: I passed the test on my second try. Here is the procedure: https://aikoish.com/2022/03/27/gentsuki-or-moped-license-test-procedure-chiba-drivers-license-center/