What is it? This DAISO ESPOLEUR Makeup Base Color Control – Yellowcolor control makeup base with SPF 27 ・ PA++. This is not a color corrector concealer but a base like a primer that you put on the whole face before makeup.
What is yellow control for? Yellow control is used to hide bruises and brighten dull parts but in some cases, this is used to correct purplish undertones and mild redness.
How much and availability? It is available in DAISO JAPAN for (Japanese Yen) ¥200 (tax not included) but I am not sure if this is available in DAISO branches outside Japan.
What are the ingredients?
See information of ingredients here: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_b647476876.html
What are the precautions?
- Do not use it if you have an abnormality such as a wound, swelling, or eczema.
- Please use it paying careful attention to your skin.
- Discontinue use and consult a dermatologist if abnormalities such as redness, swelling, itchiness, irritation, color loss (white spots, etc.) and darkening appear during use or in sunlight after use. If you continue to use it, the situation might worsen.
- Be sure to close the lid tightly after use and please keep out of reach of children.
- Do not store in places with extremely high or low temperatures and in direct sunlight.
What is the amount? It is 15 grams.
Where is the country of origin? It is made in Japan.
How is the packaging? The packaging is simple yet good for its price. It is not inside a box or plastic wrap which is good because there is less waste. It only has a sticker seal so you will know that it is not yet opened.
Is there a scent? There is no scent.
How to use it? Before applying makeup, take an adequate amount of the product and spread in the whole face (as stated on the back of the product) and blend carefully to avoid unevenness.
What is the texture? My answer here is quite unexpected for a cheap product. The texture is addicting to touch. After applying, you will have smooth skin just like a baby.
Is it easy to blend? It is very easy and just by using your fingers, you will be able to blend it right away.
Are there visible effects after putting on the foundation? There is only 1 effect that I noticed. First is my pores are quite minimized but still visible.
Is it buildable? I don’t think so because I have tried building it but nothing happened.
What is the best tool to use with it? It is best to apply it with fingers but free to use any method you are comfortable with.
Was it comfortable? Yes, it was but it will still differ with different skin types.
This DAISO ESPOLEUR Makeup Base Color Control – Yellow doesn’t work well with me but I think the effect will be more visible with purplish tones. As a makeup primer, I think it wouldn’t be able to compete with average-class primers because it lacks effects.